Thursday, November 4, 2010

Temple Newsam: [noun]- a Tudor-Jacobean house with 1500 acres of land, in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

I'm very sleepy and I have a big weekend ahead of me, which you will read all about on Monday, so this post is going to be short. I went to Temple Newsam today on a field trip.  It's beautiful and near perfection.  I read on one of the information mabobs that someone named Lord Darcy once owned it.  I pretend it was THE Mr. Darcy then I pretended I was Elizabeth Bennett and that I had travelled back to the time of Mr. Darcy then I realized that Pride and Prejudice is fiction and that I would have to break some sort of reality/fictional barrier instead of traveling through time for Mr. Darcy and I (aka Elizabeth Bennett, 21st century reality version) to plausibly meet.  If you couldn't already tell, it was a great day.





At the moment that last photo there makes me want to stab my eyes out but I know I'll appreciate it next year when I'm missing my casual day trips to country houses.

I would like to leave you with some baffling information:
I miss country music and sports that aren't "football." MY SASKATCHEWANIAN ROOTS CANNOT BE DENIED!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise to find a new post. You have a great imagination and Taylor Swift is in town. I don't know if that helps or hurts. Have fun in your other homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture Dawn! You look adorable! And the grounds of that country house is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liza, you crack me UP... don't stab your eyes out... you'll miss out on the motherland!!

    LOVE this Lord Darcy place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these photos are AMAZING liza !
    hahaha at the "stab my eyes out comment" you make me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Momma bear: the taylor swift thing does NOT help!

    Shambo: Was writing Dawn a typo or did you really mean to call me Dawn?

    Caitie and Meg: Sometimes I crack myself up too. Bahaha.

    ReplyDelete