Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Knackered: [verb]- exhausted

Is what I was after watching/listening to eight hours of super awesome live music on Sunday!  This was the deal: on Sunday, November 14th Leeds University Union hosted this music festival called Constellations.  The initial draw for me was Broken Social Scene which is, seww ironic, a Canadian band.  I saw these bands in this order:

iLiKETRAiNS

Dam Mantle

Gold Panda

Liars

Local Natives

Los Campesinos!

Broken Social Scene

Basically it was the coolest thing I think I've ever done on a Sunday and we all know I'm always doing great things on Sundays soo you can't even imagine how cool this was (editor's note: I just realized that this may seem like I'm being serious because recently I have been doing great things on Sundays like being in Germany, but just to clarify that was a whole lotta sarcasm).  I have no pictures as of right now but I may have some later and I will post them then (cough Hannah cough cough).  The only low point in the day was when I realized that I had been standing for five hours and the only thing I had consumed in that time was alcohol.  That pesky alcohol keeps sneaking its way into my blog posts, I really don't know how it keeps doing that.  Anyways, I got chips and a non alcoholic (!?!?!?!) beverage and everything was fine.  Don't you feel like a better person for knowing that story? 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great music festival. Closet alcoholic since all your posts mention alc. I feel 1000x better knowing you saw some sweet music hosted by your uni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the sarcasm coming from Evan as well.

    Great post Liza. We all feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was referring specifically to the story about the chips. I'm glad you feel 1000 times better though! I would too if the situation was reversed. I appreciate both of the efficient matter in which both of you commented on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "knackered"! I've heard it many times from our England family.

    And I'm tres jealous of your fun music concert experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your England family, they are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was also going to write "I love 'knackered'" but apparently miss bloggy beat me to it! Straight up though, great word!

    If the low point in your day is realizing you've only consumed alcoholic beverages for 5 hours, sounds like you're doing A-O-K to me!

    PS this post really made me laugh out loud... your sarcasm in writing may even be better than it is in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Caitie! Best compliment EVER.

    ReplyDelete