Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mince Pies: [noun]- a small British sweet pie traditionally served during the Christmas season.

 I thought I would make my title word festive as I have been included in a Chritmas Holiday feature on Shannon Fitzpatrick's amazing blog, What's Up Whimsy! She has a feature running right now where she has asked a bunch of bloggers to tell her what's at the top of their Christmas Wish List.  She's calling it 12 Days of Holidays: A Blogger Wish List and today she has posted my wish. Thanks for making me a part of the blogger community Shambo!


After so much time here, the library is starting to make me sad.  A man sternly told me to stop eating today as I was "in a library".  REALLY!? I didn't notice.  Who does he think he is, telling me not to eat.  He's made himself a serious enemy and should probably start sleeping with one eye open.

UPDATE ON THE CHILBLAINS: I was, in fact, right about me having a chilblain on my toe.  I'm probably going to start practicing medicine right now by only consulting wikipedia.  If anyone's looking for a new doctor, give me a call.

On a lighter note, I'm almost done all of my work (before I have to start studying for exams and writing essays) and that means that it's almost time for me to go home for three whole weeks!  I will be on Canadian soil at 12:30 this Friday and I couldn't be more excited.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for participating Liza! I love your wish list item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who was this dude? An older fellow or younger? Is eating not allowed? People are getting killed in libraries here, you better be careful. Just kidding, just one killing in a library.

    I thought you might mention the black pudding as well.

    I also loved the intermingling of my two favourite blogs and bloggers.

    See you in 72 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Shannon!

    He was a man that worked here. He wasn't going to kill me although I may have to retract my threatening posts if library killings are on people's radars. I don't want to get charged with anything.

    I'll mention the black pudding another day, thanks for the tip DAWWWWNNNYYY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your last several posts.
    I never thought I would ever hear the word 'chilblain' again! I too got them when I lived in the UK but never since. I had kept the cream for treating them for years afterwards.

    Mince pies are a favourite of mine, but not of any other family members that I am aware of (well, maybe the outlaws). I must make a few regardless.

    Hope you have a safe trip home and a fun, family-filled 'Happy Christmas'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets chilblains. I'm sure your homemade mince pies are much better then the grocery store version. The rest of the family doesn't know what they're missing! Thanks Aunt Betty! I hope you have a Merry Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had some guys nearly crawl across the dining table at our formal dinner last night when i mentioned i'd never tried a mince pie. they were so upset. but they told me to go to PRET and try one out. hilarious.

    glad to find another brit loving blog! :)

    ReplyDelete