Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ediburgh: [noun]- the capital city of Scotland

On May 26 I (finally) went to Edinburgh for five nights.  It's such a beautiful city and I don't know if I made it seem magical because it's where Harry Potter was written or if it was magical before and that's why Harry Potter was written.  Either way, the city creates a sense that you have entered into another world.  I'm going to keep this post short because I have packing and birthday celebrating (hint hint) to do, so here is my trip in summary.

May 26
-arrive in Edinburgh
-walking tour of the city
-eat Haggis
It is so delicious, don't let this picture fool you.

May 27
-Edinburgh Castle
-Ate at The Elephant House, where J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter

Me and the Castle hanging out.

May 28
-National Gallery
-National Museum
-Whisky Tour



May 29
-watched live comedy at The Stand
-went to Scotland's Parliament, Holyrood Castle and The Queens Gallery



May 30
-train ride to and from Fort William



And then I came home on the 31st.

1 comment: