Tuesday, April 26, 2011

LUFC: [noun]- Acronym for Leeds United Football Club

On Thursday, March 31st I picked my parents up from the Leeds train station, caffeinated sustenance in tow for my surely sleep deprived guests after their overnight plane ride.  However, they surprised me with their general alertness so we got them to their hotel and then had a delicious meal at Jamie's Italian (that's right, Jamie Oliver).  But the next day the truth was revealed as apparently my Mom was so tired she didn't actually remember a lot of the meal due to sleep deprivation (sorry Mom, but it's kind of funny).  On the Friday, I had class in the morning and then I had to go to Manchester for a few hours for a class in the afternoon so my parents wandered around the city and then I met them back at their hotel and we went out for dinner, another lovely meal.  On our Saturday in Leeds we went to a LUFC match which was so much fun to go to.  I'm not one to pretend that watching sports is my favorite thing, especially football/soccer but this game was thoroughly entertaining! It helps that soccer/football is a pretty easy sport to follow but the best part was definitely the fan energy.  After a refreshing team nap (the best kind of nap) we had a wonderful evening with the Malones (friend's, that's you Caitie, dad's cousin's family) who took us to a wonderful restaurant and then to this awesome place where there is a ski slope inside and we watched people ski for a while which is really fun to do when they are in the cold in full snow gear and you are toasty warm.  Sunday we went to Temple Newsam and walked around the grounds and the building.  Afterwards we walked around Leeds and the campus of the University and also went to the Leeds Art Gallery.  Dinner that day was a wonderful meal of Domino's Pizza.  Stay tuned for details on the London portion of the adventure. 











8 comments:

  1. I hear those football games are crazy! That's fun that you got to experience it with the 'rents. And I'm so glad you all went out to dinner with the Malones...I love them :)

    P.S. It was so great "seeing" you on Sunday. You were missed xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The football games are crazy! There's loads of police for the rowdy fans. The Malones are the best! And it was nice seeing you too! I missed being there. But soon enough we shall all be reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post!

    It was the trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to that indoor skiing place too. Wasn't it fun/random? Aww Zoe and Oliver are looking so old now. And I am really enjoying that baby sheep, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks AC! The indoor skiing place was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... I've missed out on soooooo many posts... and I even got a shoutout on this one... DAMMIT! I blame you and your infrequent posts (although totally legit)

    I remember Zoe talked about this indoor ski place when we were there... SO CRAZY! I love the fam pics... SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahah you did get a shout out! I'm glad you've caught up, you're one of my biggest commenters and I was very sad when you hadn't commented.

    ReplyDelete