Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kirkgate: [noun]- a street in Leeds that runs between the City Market and the Corn Exchange.

It's a nice little part of town with a wide variety of stores and restaurants. I walked over there today for two reasons.  The first being it wasn't revising.  The second being that I needed something to write about on here besides revising.

The Corn Exchange is this painfully beautiful building that has little clothing stores and a restaurant and other cute things.  The City Market is an indoor market with grocery stores, butchers, flower shops, candy stores, breakfast places, cafes, clothing huts, you name it. 








7 comments:

  1. The Corn Exchange is pretty much the only building I remember in Leeds. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see until myself in a couple of months. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samesies about loving the corn exchange Shannon!

    YAYYYY DAWNY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that is the only building I remember too. Fun fact: I got beads to make bracelets for Zoe there. How precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Corn Exchange - it's such an interesting building - never seen anything like it... "and then I just chundered, EVERYWHERE"... bahaha

    ReplyDelete